Friday, July 30, 2010

Final Reflection

Over the past 4 weeks, as I have participated in the Summer Institute, I have grown as not only a writer, but as a thinker. Writing takes different skills than I had used in a long time. I can't say that I have EVER thought of myself as a personal writer, but I am on my way to seeing myself that way. During these weeks, I have allowed myself to plan for the coming school year while making a conscious emphasis on writing in the classroom. Handwriting has always been present, but personal writing has taken a backseat to other curriculum needs. This year, I want to include journal writing for my students daily or most days each week. I have learned so many things through reading articles, watching demonstration workshops, and participating in critical thinking. It has been a pleasure to collaborate with my fellow students, and especially April, Christy, and Rodney. Thank you all, and I will miss seeing you every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment